Posted on August 01, 2013
Written By: Hamza Ali
This article related to the Natural Herb Neem which is popular all over the world due to its benefits. It is featured on the Neem Article by Doctor OZ in which he has discussed the several health benefits of Neem in his article and has shared his own experience.
What is Neem?
Neem, scientifically known as Azadirachta Indica, is a Tropical Herb which is found in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Officially, it is linked with Sindh, a province of Pakistan. It is also found in some areas of Iran where it is known as Cherish or Azad Derakht. Neem is in use of mankind for many years due to its health benefits. Neem Tree is normally 49-66 feet long (15-20 meters) but in some cases, it can reach the height of 115-130 feet (35-40 meters). Neem Tree is a fast growing Evergreen Tree which remains Green in all seasons. In severe drought, almost all the leaves of Neem Tree Shed.
Why Neem is a Good?
Neem has healing properties. It treats several skin problems and provide protection against infections. All of its benefits cannot be explained here but it is clear that it is the most widely used and famous herb which has several benefits and uses. In short, it improves the overall health of the body. Some main qualities of Neem are as follows.
• Analgesic: Provides relief against pain
• Anti-fungal: Discourages the growth of Fungus
• Anti-inflammatory: Effective in case of swelling and inflammation
• Antimicrobial: Kills Microorganisms
• Antiviral: Protects body from Viruses
• Antibacterial: Kill Bacteria and protect body
Benefits of Neem:
Neem is in use of the peoples of Pakistan, India and other countries of Asia for thousands of years. Every part of Neem Tree has its own benefits. It can be used as a medicine, as a vegetable and as a main ingredient in personal care products. Fruits, Barks, Leaves and Flowers, every part of Neem Tree has its own use. Its seeds are used to extract Neem oil which is then used in cosmetics.
Neem in Personal Care Products:
Peoples are using Neem for Personal care for many years. Latest Researches have also proved Neem as safe, healthy and very beneficial for health. Neem is used in several Personal care products. It is commonly used in beauty products. It was first used in Personal care products in India and now it is used all over world. It is used in soaps, creams, shampoos, balms, toothpastes and many skin tones.
• Neem as Anti-Aging:
Neem is a perfect source of nutrients. Neem is full of anti-oxidants which protects skin from environmental impurities and keep if safe from damage. Carotenoids in it prevent skin aging by providing high anti-oxidants to the skin. Neem Oil has Vitamin E and useful fatty acids in it which boost up skin cells and restores their freshness and elasticity. They also maintains the balance in skin tone and heals damaged skin. Vitamin E and Anti-oxidants removes wrinkles and lines from the skin and so removes the signs of aging.
• Neem as Anti-Acne:
Neem and Neem Oil are very useful in treating acne problem of the skin. It reduces inflammation, clear pimples and removes bacteria from skin.
• Solution for Dry Skin:
Neem oil has components which prevent moisture loss, keeps skin healthy and heals damaged skin. It moisturize dry skin. It protect sensitive skin from infection.
• Best Neem Soap:
One of the most popular skin care Neem Soaps is Nature's Steam Organic Neem Soap. It contains pure Neem extracts which makes it full of benefits. It repairs damaged skin, protect it from impurities, bacteria & infection and its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties assures soft, gentle and smooth skin.
• Neem as a Dental Care:
Neem fights with tooth decay and kills bacteria and germs grown in mouth. It act as an anti-inflammation and protect gums from infection and also treats gum diseases. It is also very useful for the treatment of Mouth Ulcer and is commonly used as a home remedy for mouth problems. Its small branches are also used as a natural toothbrush (Datun).
Neem in Medicine:
Due to several Health Benefits, Neem is used in many Ayurvedic Medicines. Now it is also used Unani Medicines and Skin diseases medicines. Some of the medicinal benefits of Neem are as follows:
• Neem leaves are very effective for the treatment of Leprosy, Eye disorders like conjunctivitis, Bloody Nose, Stomach upset, diseases of Heart, diseases of blood vessels, fever, diabetes gum diseases, intestinal worms, skin ulcers, liver problems and birth control.
• Bark of Neem is used in the treatment of skin diseases, fever, Malaria, Stomach and intestinal ulcer, and pain.
• Flowers of Neem Tree are commonly used in controlling Phlegm, Bile reduction and intestinal worms’ treatment.
• Neem Fruit is also used for the treatment of Bloody nose, eye disorders, phlegm, leprosy and intestinal worms. Additionally, it is used for hemorrhoids, diabetes, wounds and Urinary tract disorders.
• For the treatment of asthma, urinary disorders, hemorrhoids, intestinal worms, low sperm levels, cough and diabetes, Neem Twigs is very effective herb.
• Seeds of Neem or Oil of Neem Seeds is used for birth control and intestinal worms. It is used to cause abortions. Neem Oil treats different fungal infections. It also fight against lice, dry scalp, dandruff, premature graying of the hair and skin disorders.
• Neem Fruit, root or stem is used in several tonics. Additionally, it is also used directly on skin to treat different skin diseases.
Neem as a Vegetable:
In Indian regions, Peoples uses Neem flowers as a vegetable. It is used in a Soup like dish, Veppampoo Rasam. In West Bengal, Nim Begun dish, commonly used as an appetizer, is very common in which Neem Leaves are fried with eggplant.
Neem is used as a birth control herb due to its spermicidal properties. For women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to become pregnant, it is not recommended to use any Neem product as it can cause Abortions or toxicity to babies.
Most Selling Neem Products at our Store:
|Nature's Steam Organic Neem Soap|
|Neem Active ToothPaste|
|Dabur Neem Herbal ToothPaste|
|Hesh Neem Leaves Powder|
|Hamam Soap with Neem, Tulsi & Aloe Vera|
|Anokha Herbal Neem Soap|
To find out more Neem products at out store, Visit Neem Products.
Disclaimer: The articles presented are provided by third party authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of KhanaPakana.com. They should not be considered as medical advice or diagnosis. Consult with your physician prior to following any suggestions provided.