Daal or dal curry is not only really popular among connoisseurs of Indian cuisine but also one of the most commonly consumed dishes in the subcontinent. The Shan dal curry mix enables even complete beginners to prepare daal curry easily. A simple step by step recipe is also provided on the reverse of the Shan dal curry mix to prepare daal curry. You may also use the Shan dal curry mix in your own recipe by substituting it for the spices you would otherwise use. This Shan dal curry mix comes in a one hundred gram pack that contains about twelve servings of two tablespoons each. This effectively means that using the recipe on the reverse of the box, you can use this spice mix to prepare dal curry twelve times.
Shan Food (PVT) Ltd.
Country Of Origin: Product of Pakistan
Ingredients: Salt, Red Chilli, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Cumin, Coriander, Brown Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Garlic, Ginger. Dehydrated Dill Leaves
Product Weight: 100 Grams (3.5 OZ)
Product Packing: By advance V-Lock Technology spices keeps lock in air tight packing which gives natural taste and texture to spices.
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
|10 Mins||20-25 Mins||4|
Green lentil ¾ cup (rinsed and soaked)
Pink lentil 3 tbsp (rinsed and soaked)
Onion 1 large (sliced)
Garlic 10 cloves (rough chopped)
Tomato 1 (chopped)
Green chilies 6-8
Soya leaves 1 tsp (chopped)
Bay leaves 10
Oil/ghee ¼ - ½ cup
Shan dal masala 2 tbsp
1. Heat half quantity of oil/ghee and stir fry onion until transparent.
2. Then add shan dal masala and garlic.
3. Add lentils, tomato, soya leaves, green chilies and 2 cups water.
4. Cover and cook on slow flame until lentil soft.
5. Heat remaining oil/ghee and fry bay leaves for 1 minute.
6. Then pour over cooked lentil; cook couple of minutes and remove from heat.
7. Serve with roti, naan, rice and along onion rings.
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.