Makhani is a Hindustani word meaning "with butter". Dal makhani is delicacy filled with rich proteins and fiber.
National Foods have been specially developed by a panel of experts, using the finest ingredients in exactly the right measure, enabling you to cook delicious traditional meals with ease.
A recipe is provided on the box, and a prepared dish will serve 6-8 persons. One of our Best-Sellers!
National Foods Limited
Country Of Origin: Product of Pakistan
Ingredients: Salt, Red Chilli, Cumin Seed, Turmeric, Coriander, Ginger, Rice Starch, Black Pepper, Garlic, Lectose, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove
Product Weight: 50 Grams (1.8 OZ)
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Allergen Informtion: Contains Milk
|10 Mins||20-30 Mins||6|
Gram lentil ½ cup
Pink lentil ½ cup
Green lentil ½ cup
Black lentil ½ cup
Onion 2 (thinly sliced)
Oil/ghee 2 tbsp
Tomato 2 (finely chopped)
National Makhni masala 1 packet
Fresh cream ¾ cup
Butter 100 gm
Green chilies 3 medium
Green coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
Oil/ghee 2 tbsp
Whole red chilies 3-4
White cumin seeds ½ tsp
1. Soak all lentils for 1 hour then boil on slow flame in 4 glasses of water until soft.
2. Heat oil/ghee in a pan and sauté onion then add tomato and makhni masala and stir fry for 5-10 minutes.
3. Then transfer boiled lentil and green chilies; mix nicely and cook for 5 minutes on slow flame.
4. After that add fresh cream, 50 gm butter and green coriander. Cook 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat oil/ghee in a pan and add whole red chilies and white cumin, fry until starts sizzling.
6. Pour over lentil; decorate with remaining butter and serve with roti, naan or rice.
Note: You can cook only one lentil as well in place of all. Take 2 cups quantity.
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.